Ali Whitelock is a poet.
Hailing from Glasgow in Scotland, her writing is both brave and bold.
I’ve been fortunate through this podcast to meet so many people who’ve decided to put creativity at the centre of their lives.
Ali’s path to poetry wasn’t a straight forward one and maybe the journey has made her writing all the richer for the experiences she’s had and the decisions she’s made.
On the page her work squirms and wriggles and challenges at every turn. Through performance her poems come to life.
You can find Ali this Thursday, 21 March @ Kinokuniya bookstore in the Victoria Galleries in Sydney city centre.
She’s one of an amazing line up of poets as part of “The Celtic Word: an evening of contemporary Scottish & Irish poetry & prose” which includes Anne Casey, Magi Gibson and Ian Macpherson.
You can find more info on this event here: https://www.kinokuniya.com.au/events/the-celtic-word-an-evening-of-contemporary-scottish-irish-poetry-prose/
On today’s pod Ali reads two of her poems, The Time It Takes To Boil An Egg and Please Do Not Pee in The Sink.
You can follow what Ali’s up to here:
- Website – www.aliwhitelock.com
- Buy her books – https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004O9752O
- Follow on FB – https://www.facebook.com/ali.whitelock.3
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1-1kLss8gmqlTi7GQeldMg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alisonwhitelock?lang=en
- eight and a half for “Piece by Piece” – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_MC4mabNM
- Tara Ward for the art and design – http://www.tarawardphotography.com.au/
Podcast homepage – https://widtaabbqs.home.blog/